NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S."), AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
INTERNET ACCESS AND AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT REQUIRED. SPONSORED BY DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, LLC. INSTAGRAM IS NOT A SPONSOR OF THIS COMPETITION.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the American Muscle Hashtag Competition ("Competition"), as of the start of the Competition Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; (ii) be at least 18 years of age; (iii) have a mobile device that can access the Internet and uses either the iPhone or Android platform; and (iv) have a valid Instagram.com account.
Officers, directors and employees of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor") and its partners, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies as well as each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Competition is void outside of the United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. The Competition is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2. SPONSOR: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
3. COMPETITION PERIOD: The Competition begins at 9:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on July 9, 2014 and ends at 1:00 AM ET on July 10, 2014 (the "Competition Period"). The Sponsor's computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Competition. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
4. COMPETITION ENTRY DETAILS: During the Competition Period, an eligible person must do the following to enter:
a) Allow your Instagrams to be visible to the public by going to your Instagram profile, clicking on "Edit Your Profile," and ensuring that the "Posts are Private" button at the bottom of the screen is turned off;
b) At the beginning of the Competition Period, visit the @DiscoveryChannel Instagram account, where Sponsor will post a Competition hashtag that will be identified as "AMERICAN MUSCLE HASHTAG;"
c) After seeing the post announcing the "AMERICAN MUSCLE HASHTAG" on the @DiscoveryChannel Instagram account, an eligible person must (i) post a photo to Instagram of their best Mike Barwis impression; and (ii) include the "AMERICAN MUSCLE HASHTAG" in the caption of their photo. In order to win, the entrant must include the correct spelling of the hashtag and a photo of themselves.
NOTE: Limit: One (1) entry per person. If you do not make your Instagrams public, Sponsor will not receive your entry. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the Instagram account will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple accounts. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as "Eligible Entries." Your entry will not be valid unless it (a) meets the criteria described above, (b) meets the Instagram Requirements described below, and (c) is posted during the Competition Period.
INSTAGRAM REQUIREMENTS: Ineligible responses include responses that fail to comply with these Official Rules, incorporate a third-party's intellectual property without authorization or as otherwise permitted by law, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains racial slurs, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or is not within the spirit of the Competition, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion ("Instagram Requirements").
5. WINNER SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential winner will be chosen on or about April 28, 2014, by an independent judging panel based on "accuracy" of the impression (50%) and "comedic value" of the photo (50%). Sponsor will contact potential winner via direct message on Instagram following the winner selection to provide information about how to redeem the prize. Inability to contact a potential winner will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner. All decisions of the judges and Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to the Competition. In the case of a tie, the entry with the highest "accuracy" score will be deemed the winner.
6. COMPETITION PRIZES: One (1) prize will be awarded consisting of one (1) T-shirt signed by Richard Sherman (the "Prize"). Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") is $15.00 USD. Actual retail value may vary and Sponsor will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value. The odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries received and the skill of the entrants. The specific cast members to sign the Prize hat will be selected by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion. Prize is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. No Prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to Prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. The Prize winner must look to the Prize manufacturer for warranty issues; Sponsor not liable for performance of the Prize. All details of any Prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a Prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All taxes on Prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of Prize and not specified are sole responsibility of winner.
7. MOBILE DISCLOSURE: By using your wireless mobile device in connection with the Competition, depending on your phone's capabilities, standard text messaging rates or data charges may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Competition.
8. LICENSE: By submitting an entry into the Competition, entrants grant to the Sponsor the right, without limitation, to display the selected entry in any media now known or hereinafter developed. Entrants further agree to grant to the Sponsor a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to reproduce and use the entry for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, sub-license, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit the entry for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to the entrant.
9. RELEASE: By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Competition or their acceptance, use or misuse of Prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, to the use of his or her name and/or photograph for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discovery.com, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. In addition, the potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by the Sponsor in the notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if any notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or for any human, typographical, printing or other error relating to or in connection with the Competition, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Competition, processing of entries; the announcement of the Prize or in any Competition-related materials, failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected, or incomplete entries; damage to entrants' or any person's computer or the contents thereof; any condition caused by events that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted; or any damage to Prize during shipping or delivery.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS COMPETITION, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Competition (or portion thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of Instagram, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
11. DISPUTES: All disputes related to the Competition, the Prize awarded, or these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction). Participants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of state and federal courts in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
13. WINNER LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by August 10, 2014, to: American Muscle Hashtag Competition Winner, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Instagram, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Competition. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Competition is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Competition.
(C)2014 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.