- Discovery Retreats on YouTube
- Discovery News
- Follow Discovery Retreats on Facebook and Twitter!
Discovery Retreats blend lifelong learning with unique getaway experiences. Inspired and developed by John Hendricks, founder of the Discovery Channel, these events provide a gathering place for the incurably curious to feed their hunger for knowledge, discussion and even debate. These retreats combine exclusive opportunities for adult learners to mingle with leading visionaries on compelling topics - ranging from curiosity and happiness to the search for extra-terrestrial intelligence and beyond. Based in the spectacular red rocks region of western Colorado, Discovery Retreats inspire participants to challenge and reward the mind and body in equal measure.
Meet Our Experts:
- Janna Levin, Author and Physicist, Barnard College and Columbia University
- Jennifer Oullette, Science Author, Journalist and Blogger of "Cocktail Party Physics"
- Mark Trodden, Co-Director, Center for Particle Cosmology at the University of Pennsylvania
- Martin G. Lockley, Professor of Geology, University of Colorado, Denver; Director, Dinosaur Tracks Museum
- Nick Sagan, Screenplay Writer, Author, Interstellar Ambassador
- Risa Wechsler, Assistant Professor, Physics; Stanford University and the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory; Former Hubble Fellow