It's that time of year -- the Curiosity Season 2 premiere is almost here. We'll be kicking things off with an amazing Plane Crash episode. Yes, we said plane crash. A Boeing 727 passenger jet was deliberately crashed in a remote and unpopulated part of the Sonoran Desert of Baja California, Mexico, to recreate a serious, but survivable, passenger jet crash landing. Why, you ask? So that an international team of experts could study the crashworthiness of the aircraft's airframe and cabin as well as the impact of crashes on the human body and use the findings toward making planes safer -- the collected data could possibly be used to increase passenger survivability and evaluate new 'black box' crash-recording technology!
We're teaming up with Intel and GetGlue to make things even more interesting. GetGlue is an entertainment focused social site where users can interact with each other by sharing what they're watching, and what they're wondering about their favorite shows. Users also get stickers, which can lead to prizes.
Check in throughout the season to collect all of the episode stickers for your chance to earn some curiously cool Intel/Curiosity prizes. By checking in 1 to 9 times, you're considered an Inquisitive Fan. Check in more than 10 times and you'll be dubbed a Curious Super Seeking Fan AND you'll be entered to win an ultrabook and other Intel/Curiosity prizes.
Tune in to the first night of Curiosity on October 7 at 9/8c on Discovery to earn stickers and find out what other curious folks are pondering! Check in here.
Click on to page 2 in order to see the Intel Get Glue Sweepstakes Official Rules.
Discovery Get Glue Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S."), AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
ELIGIBILITY: The Discovery GetGlue Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to legal U.S. residents who are 18years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), Intel Corporation, Promotion Mechanics, Inc. ("Promotion Administrator"), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
PROGRAM DATES: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on October 1, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 AM ET on December 30, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period").
TO ENTER: To enter the sweepstakes, visit http://www.getglue.com, create a log-in, and become a fan of "Curiosity" on Discovery Channel. Then check-in at http://www.getglue.com during the new "Curiosity" season. Once you have checked in at least ten (10) times during the Sweepstakes Period will be deemed "the most curious fan" and you automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Visiting getglue.com and checking in is the preferred method of entry, but it is not required to enter the Sweepstakes. To enter without checking in at getglue.com, hand print your name, complete address and phone number on a postcard and mail it via first-class mail to: Intel GetGlue Sweepstakes, PMI Station, PO Box 3590, Southbury, CT 06488-3590. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 30, 2012 and received by January 6, 2012 to be entered in the Sweepstakes.
Regardless of method of entry, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person for the duration of the Sweepstakes.
RANDOM DRAWING – PRIZES – ODDS OF WINNING: On or about January 10, 2013, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to award the following prizes:
- One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Intel Ultrabook. Approximate retail value ("ARV") $899.
- Fifty (50) First Prizes: One (1) Intel Wireless Rechargeable Memo Mouse. ARV $14.35.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per person. Winners will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winner. Grand Prize winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected.
No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. Prizes are awarded as-is.
GENERAL: Expenses not specified and any and all tax liability, whether local, state or federal, are winner's responsibility. By participating, entrants agree
- to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this sweepstakes;
- to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner,
- to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for
- any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise Discovery Channel or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States;
- electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries;
- failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions;
- late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or
- any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
WINNER LIST: To receive the Grand Prize winner's name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 31, 2013, to: Discovery GetGlue Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2012 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.