Diet Mountain Dew Sweepstakes Rules
DIET DEW PEDAL TO THE METAL GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“CONTINENTAL U.S.”). VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Diet Dew Pedal to the Metal Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the Continental U.S. who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), its affiliate Gas Monkey Garage, PepsiCo Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company, Inc and its bottlers (“Promotional Partner”), Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (“Promotion Administrator”), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 2, 2013 and ends 11:59 ET on October 13, 2013.
To enter the Sweepstakes, visit http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/fast-n-loud/diet-dew-sweeps.htm and access the Sweepstakes entry page. Complete the online entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 11:59 PM ET on October 13, 2013. Limit one entry per person/email address per day.
Note that by entering this Sweepstakes, you are agreeing to receive special updates regarding Discovery programming, events and promotions and to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor and Promotion Administrator. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS – PRIZE – ODDS OF WINNING: On or about October 15, 2013, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award the following prize:
One (1) Grand Prize: 1956 Chevy Nomad restored by Gas Monkey Garage (Richard Rawlings and Aaron Kaufman) with Dale Earnhardt Jr. as detailed on Discovery's Fast N’ Loud, and a cash award (“Vehicle Prize”). The 1956 Chevy Nomad Bel Air restoration details: new paint, all original trim, new upholstery. The car was lowered and a new sound system was installed. It has a brand new Chevy High Performance ZZ4 350 Engine, a new transmission and radiator, and 18 inch chrome Rocket Racing Wheels. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) $75,000. The amount of the cash award is $18,750 to be awarded in the form of a check in U.S. currency made payable to the Vehicle Prize winner. Total ARV of the Vehicle Prize is $93,750. The purpose of the cash award is to provide the winner with funds that he/she may apply toward the payment of any income tax liabilities he/she may incur as a result of winning the Vehicle Prize, or for any other purpose he/she wishes.
Vehicle will be delivered at a location in the continental United States selected by Sponsor. Winner will have one month from notice of availability of vehicle to take delivery. Winner must present a valid driver’s license, evidence of insurance and any other information required by Sponsor in order to take delivery of the vehicle. If winner does not take timely delivery of vehicle or otherwise fails to satisfy the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited. Winner is solely responsible for any expenses not expressly provided for in these Official Rules relating to acceptance and use of prize, as well as all federal, state and local taxes, including, but not limited to, all luxury, special and income taxes that may be applicable, license, title and registration fees, pick up and all other transport/delivery costs, insurance, locally required equipment and options, and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the vehicle. Vehicle depicted in advertising and promotional materials may vary from actual prize vehicle.
Potential winner will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Inability to contact a potential winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of the prize, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Potential winner will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected.
No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
4. GENERAL: Taxes on prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By participating entrants agree to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise Discovery Channel or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the promotion, in which case prize will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/fast-n-loud/diet-dew-sweeps.htm. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial Sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
6. WINNER LIST: To receive a winner list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by November 30, 2013, to: Diet Dew Pedal to the Metal Giveaway Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750 0750.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
Copyright 2013 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.