Premiere Party Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”), AGE 21 OR OLDER.
1. ENTRY PERIOD/ELIGIBILITY: The Klondike Premiere Party Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Discovery Communications, LLC (the “Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 30, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on January 8, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of the Sponsor, Promotion Mechanics, Inc. ("Promotion Administrator"), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO PARTICIPATE: You may enter the Sweepstakes through the Sweepstakes application on the Facebook Platform during the Sweepstakes Period. You can find the application on the Sweepstakes tab on the Klondike page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/KlondikeTV, the “Sweepstakes Page”). You must complete and submit the entry form as instructed. As part of the Sweepstakes entry process, you may be required to “Like” the Klondike page on Facebook, and you must indicate that you have read, accept, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address per day. Entries must be received by Sponsor’s server no later than 11:59:59 PM ET on January 8, 2014. Any attempt by a person to use multiple email accounts or identities to gain more entries than permitted by these Official Rules shall result in disqualification in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By participating, entrants warrant and represent that they agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the final decisions of the Sponsor.
3. RANDOM DRAWING/PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING: On or about January 9, 2014, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to award one (1) Grand Prize: a trip for the winner and one (1) guest to New York City to attend the Klondike Premiere Party on January 16, 2014. The prize trip consists of round trip coach air travel to New York, NY, from a major commercial airport near winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor), double-occupancy hotel accommodations for 4 days/3 nights, airport/hotel transfers, and $500 spending money. Winner must take trip at time to be determined by the Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Approximate retail value $3,600. Actual value will be determined by winner's residence and seasonal rates. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations, for any travel insurance and for all trip expenses not specified. . If winner lives within 100 miles of New York, New York (as determined by Sponsor), Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of airfare at its sole discretion, and any difference in value will not be awarded.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be notified by phone between the hours of 1:00 PM ET and 5:00 PM ET on January 9, 2014, must answer the telephone in person when called and verbally confirm availability for him/herself and his/her travel companion to travel to New York, NY, January 15-18, 2014, or an alternative winner will be selected and notified until a winner is reached, and verbally confirms his/her availability to take the trip on the specified dates. No telephone messages will be left for potential winners, and potential winners will only be telephoned one time for attempted prize notification. Notification attempts not satisfactorily completed within three (3) minutes may be deemed as unsuccessful, and an alternative winner will be selected. If the potential winner is unable to travel to New York, NY on January 15, 2014, he/she must forfeit prize and an alternate winner will be chosen and contacted.
Inability to contact the potential winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner selected from among remaining eligible entries. The potential winner will be required to sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release within timeframe outlined in notification letter or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from among remaining eligible entries. Winner's guest, who must be 21 years of age or older, must complete and return a notarized liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents.
By accepting the Grand Prize, the winner and his/her guest represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. Winner and his/her guest represent that they recognize that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered a winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, winner and his/her guest must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsor's request.
5. GENERAL: Expenses not specified and any and all tax liability, whether local, state or federal, are winner’s sole responsibility. By participating, entrants agree to these rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final in all respects relating to this sweepstakes; to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, agrees to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, Facebook, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise Discovery Channel or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
7. WINNER LIST: To receive the winner’s name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by January 31, 2014, to: Klondike Premiere Party Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2013 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Discovery Communications and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes described in the Official Rules of the sweepstakes. Please direct any questions to Discovery Communications and not to Facebook.