The Emmy®-nominated series MYTHBUSTERS aims to uncover the truth behind popular myths and legends by mixing scientific method with gleeful curiosity and plain old-fashioned ingenuity to create a signature style of experimentation.
Called "the best science show on television," MYTHBUSTERS is hosted by Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage along with co-hosts Tory Belleci, Kari Byron and Grant Imahara.
Some of the myths the team has put to rest:
- Can combining Diet Coke and Mentos make your stomach explode?
- Would a bull really cause destruction in a china shop?
- Is it possible to beat a lie detector test?
- Can plugging your finger in a gun barrel cause it to backfire?
- Is there a way to beat police speed cameras?
- Can Christmas tree lights really cause house fires?
- Is a dirty car more fuel efficient than a clean car?
Don't miss MYTHBUSTERS on Discovery Channel Wednesdays at 9/8c; check the TV schedule for other airings, or to sign up for a reminder.
Hmmm. What to do now? Well, you can:
- Read Jamie, Adam, Kari, Grant and Tory's bios.
- Click through pictures of the MythBusters.
- Check out the MythBusters episode guide