Email Us Your Myths!
Do you have an idea for a myth never seen before on MythBusters? Here's your chance to shape the show and have your myth busted!
To submit your idea to the MythBusters, simply follow these three steps:
1) Read the legal stuff below about submissions.
2) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of your myth in the subject heading. This email goes directly to the team that makes the show.
3) In the main body of the email, please present your myth as a question that has a yes/no or true/false answer. This is the format that the MythBusters are big fans of!
4) Include a reference to the myth or any further evidence you would like to add.
For example, imagine that you were submitting the "toilet explosion" scene from the movie Lethal Weapon 2 that Adam and Jamie tested recently. Then your email would look like this:
1) Subject: Toilet Explosion from Lethal Weapon
2) Can a bathtub protect you from a pressure-switch triggered explosion? Can you leap into the tub fast enough to not be blown up in mid air?
3) As seen in the movie Lethal Weapon 2.
Remember, the key to the show is all myths have to testable. So please stick with scientifically testable subjects, and leave the paranormal up to the Ghostbusters! There are lots of other myth categories to choose from. For example, here are just some of the classic myths seen on the show.
Explosions: Will dynamite clean out a cement truck? Would a shock wave from a sewer blast really force manhole covers into the air one after another?
Guns: Can you really dodge a sniper's bullet?
The Internet: Can you really slide down a massive waterslide, take a jump and land in a small pool as seen in a crazy Internet video?
Hollywood Myths: Can you use an awning to cushion your fall? Can you trick someone into believing you are someone else with a "mission impossible" prosthetic mask?
Thought Experiments: Can a toy car beat a real car on a slope? Can you get a smooth ride with square wheels? Can a plane on a conveyor belt really take off?
History: Did Archimedes build the first long-range cannon, powered by steam? Can you really make an arrow machine gun, as developed by Dionysus of Alexandria during the third century B.C.?
Idioms: What happens when you really put a bull in a china shop?
So with that it's over to you: whatever your myth — big or small, explosive or experimental, angerous or demeaning — if you want to help shape the show, then you know what to do!
HERE'S THE LEGAL STUFF
You agree that no contract or obligation of any kind is assumed by Discovery or may be implied against Discovery by reason of Discovery's review or use of your submission. Specifically, it is understood that neither your submission, nor Discovery's review or use of the submission constitutes or creates an implied-in-fact or implied-in-law contract. You understand that Discovery may have in the past or in the present or future explore programs and ideas generated by persons other than you that resemble your submission. You understand that it is not uncommon for more than one individual or company to originate substantially similar ideas, independently. By making any submission you agree to renounce any claim that Discovery misappropriated any ideas or portions of your submission in any future Discovery programs or activities.