1. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for the Naked & Afraid #SHOWUSWHATYOUGOT Contest ("Contest"), as of the start of the Contest Period (defined below), entrants must (i) be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; (ii) be at least 18 years of age; (iii) have a computer with Internet access or mobile device that can access the Internet and uses either the iPhone or Android platform; and (iv) have a valid Facebook.com, Vine, Youtube.com, Twitter.com or Instagram.com account.
Officers, directors and employees of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor") and its partners, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies as well as each of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter or win. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Contest is void outside of the United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Vine, YouTube, Twitter or Instagram. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
2. SPONSOR: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 11:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on November 16, 2014 and ends at 11:00 PM ET on December 6, 2014 (the "Contest Period"). The Sponsor's computer or that of its designee is the official timekeeper for this Contest. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones.
4. CONTEST ENTRY DETAILS: During the Contest Period, an eligible person must do the following to enter:
Upload a short video to Faceebook, Instagram, Vine, YouTube or Twitter showing all "Naked and Afraid" fans why you think you have what it takes to be a survivalist and include the hashtag #SHOWUSWHATYOUGOT in the caption of the video. In order to win, the entrant must include the correct spelling of the hashtag and a video. Videos longer than sixty (60) seconds will be disqualified. After uploading your video, Sponsor will send a direct message (Facebook/Twitter) or leave a comment in the Comments section of the videos (Vine/Youtube/Instagram) providing a link to the Conetst rules. Each entrant is required to respond to the direct message/comment by stating that he/she has reviewed and agrees the Contest rules. Entrants will also be required to complete a Casting Call form and other documentation. Any entrant who fails to agree to the Contest rules or to complete all Contest related documentation will be disqualified from the Contest.
Entrants must be available for episode production from January 19, 2015 - February 22, 2015.
NOTE: Limit: One (1) entry per person and one (1) entrant per video. If you do not make your Facebook Posts, YouTube videos, Vines, Tweets or Instagrams public, Sponsor will not receive your entry. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register the Facebook, Twitter, Vine, YouTube or Instagram account will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted. Sponsor discourages the creation of multiple accounts. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual using multiple accounts will be disqualified. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as "Eligible Entries." Your entry will not be valid unless it (a) meets the criteria described above, (b) meets the Facebook, Vine, YouTube, Twitter or Instagram Requirements described below, and (c) is posted during the Contest Period.
Any elements that appear in a video, including, without limitation, brand names, logos, building signage, or images, must be either: (a) entirely original, created by the entrant; (b) property of the Sponsor; or (c) in the public domain. Use of any other elements will result in disqualification of an entry, in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries must be in English. Entries must not contain personally identifiable information such as last names, addresses, phone numbers, screen names, email addresses, etc. Entrants must not engage in any violent, dangerous, or illegal behavior in creating an entry. Entries must not contain inappropriate content, including but not limited to nudity, drug use, smoking, vulgarity, obscenity, lewd, pornographic or violent material, real weapons of any kind, or materials which promote violence, or real weapons of any kind. Entries must not defame or invade the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon a person's personal or proprietary rights. Entries that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void and will not be included in the voting or judging of the Contest. Entries that are deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be immoral, obscene, profane or not in keeping with Sponsor's image will be disqualified.
By submitting a Contest entry, you further represent and warrant that: (a) you have obtained written permission from each person whose image or likeness ("Likeness") is included in the entry; (b) no person under the age of 18 appears in the video (c) if you are not the person who took the applicable video, you have obtained written permission from the person who took the applicable video and such person has granted all necessary rights to use the applicable video; and (d) that you can and will give written copies of such permissions to the Sponsor upon request. Sponsor reserves the right to request proofs of these documents at any point in time, and such documents may be required in order to be deemed an official finalist or winner. Failure to provide said proof may result in disqualification of the associated entry.
FACEBOOK POST REQUIREMENTS: Ineligible responses include responses that fail to comply with these Official Rules, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains racial slurs, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or is not within the spirit of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion ("Post Requirements").
TWEET REQUIREMENTS: Ineligible responses include responses that fail to comply with these Official Rules, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains racial slurs, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or is not within the spirit of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion ("Tweet Requirements").
INSTAGRAM/VINE/YOUTUBE REQUIREMENTS: Ineligible responses include responses that fail to comply with these Official Rules, incorporate a third-party's intellectual property without authorization or as otherwise permitted by law, as well as those that are, in whole or in part, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, hateful, embarrassing to another person or entity, deceptive, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, contains racial slurs, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of, sexual acts, or is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion ("Instagram/Vine/YouTube Requirements").
GRAND PRIZE WINNERS SELECTION & NOTIFICATION: Five (5) male and five (5) female semifinalists will be chosen on or about December 1, 2014, by an independent judging panel based on Charisma (25%), Mental Toughness (25%), Compelling Reason for Entering/Something to Prove (25%) and Willingness to Enhance Existing Survival Skill Set (25%). Sponsor may select less than five male or female semifinalists if the qualified entries do not meet Sponsor's creative needs. A background check will be run on each entrant and each entrant must pass in order to be eligible to become a semifinalist.
On December 7, 2014, Sponsor will post the five (5) male and five (5) female semifinalists videos to Discovery.com/NakedAndAfraid. From 11:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on December 7, 2014 and ends at 11:00 PM ET on December 13, 2014, fans will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite video by visiting Discovery.com/NakedAndAfraid and participating in the fan vote. The male and female videos with the highest vote count will be considered the winner of the Contest.
Sponsor will contact potential winners via phone, email, postal mail, or direct message on Facebook, Vine, YouTube, Twitter or Instagram. Inability to contact a potential winner will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate potential winner. All decisions of the judges and Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. In the case of a tie, the entry with the highest "Charisma" score will be deemed the winner. If a winner is 18 or older, as required for entry, but not of the age of majority in state of residence, prize will either be awarded in the name of parent or legal guardian, or parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of winner.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: On, or about December 14, 2014, One (1) grand prize each will be awarded to one (1) male and one (1) female entrant consisting of an opportunity to appear in the Discovery Channel television program "Naked and Afraid." (the "Prize"). The prize includes the following: Round trip flights for each winner to an undisclosed survival location in coach class; (2) nights in a local hotel for two people, the opportunity to film an episode of "Naked and Afraid" and $5000 cash. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") is TBD. Actual retail value may vary and Sponsor will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value.
The odds of winning depend on the number of Eligible Entries received and the skill of the entrants. Prize is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. No Prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to Prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. The Prize winner must look to the Prize manufacturer for warranty issues; Sponsor not liable for performance of the Prize. All details of any Prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a Prize, each winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules. All taxes on Prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of Prize and not specified are sole responsibility of winner.
6. MOBILE DISCLOSURE: By using your wireless mobile device in connection with the Contest, depending on your phone's capabilities, standard text messaging rates or data charges may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest.
7. LICENSE: By submitting an entry into the Contest, entrants grant to the Sponsor the right, without limitation, to display the selected entry in any media now known or hereinafter developed. Entrants further agree to grant to the Sponsor a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable license to reproduce and use the entry for any purpose whatsoever without compensation or further permission, including but not limited to an irrevocable and perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide right, in all media (now known or later developed) to assign, sub-license, use, publish, edit, adapt, modify, alter, reproduce, distribute, broadcast, display, copyright, create derivative works or otherwise exploit the entry for commercial or non-commercial use, and without compensation to the entrant.
8. RELEASE: By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliates from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of Prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, to the use of his or her name and/or video for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discovery.com, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. In addition, the potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a talent agreement, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by the Sponsor in the notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if any notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or for any human, typographical, printing or other error relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the Contest, processing of entries; the announcement of the Prize or in any Contest-related materials, failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected, or incomplete entries; damage to entrants' or any person's computer or the contents thereof; any condition caused by events that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; or any damage to Prize during shipping or delivery.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest (or portion thereof), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, voting process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of Facebook, Vine, YouTube, Twitter or Instagram, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
10. DISPUTES: All disputes related to the Contest, the Prize awarded, or these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction). Participants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of state and federal courts in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
12. WINNER LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 31, 2014, to: the Naked & Afraid #SHOWUSWHATYOUGOT Contest Winner, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Facebook, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest. Twitter, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest. Instagram, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Contest. YouTube is not a sponsor of the Contest. Vine is not a sponsor of this Contest. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest.
(C)2014 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.