NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS AND REGISTER ON DISCOVERY.COM OR JOUST.COM TO ENTER OR WIN THE SWEEPSTAKES. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.1. ELIGIBILITY: The Social Survival Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is (1) open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and the time of entry; (2) void outside of the 50 United States and in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever prohibited or restricted by law; and (3) subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Employees of Joust or Discovery and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parents, advertising and promotional partners, and their respective officers, directors, agents or representatives, and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each, are not eligible to win any prizes. Entrants must have Internet access and register on Joust.com or on Discovery.com/SocialSurvivalist in order to enter or win.
2. SPONSORS: Discovery Communications, LLC ("Discovery") and Joust, Inc. ("Joust" or "Administrator") (collectively, "Sponsors") are sponsors of this Sweepstakes.
3. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins at 5:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") July 13, 2015 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on July 24, 2015 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Joust.com is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
To enter, visit http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid/social-survivalist/ or https://joust.com/contest/nakedandafraid/open (the "Social Survivalist Joust Site") during the Sweepstakes Period and answer one of the trivia, bonus or prediction questions related to the Naked and Afraid program (predictions, trivia questions, and bonus questions are collectively referred to as "jousts"). After answering the joust, follow the instructions for registration for the Sweepstakes. A correct answer is not necessary to enter the Sweepstakes, and players who provide an incorrect answer will be able to register. Only players meeting the eligible criteria set forth in these Official Rules and who have registered on the Joust Site are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes and win the grand prize.
Entrants may not register with multiple email addresses, nor may entrants use any automated device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to register or play multiple times will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Administrator's discretion. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification. All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be collectively hereinafter referred to as "Eligible Entries."5. WINNER SELECTION & PRIZE: On or about July 26, 2015, Sponsors will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period to award one (1) Grand Prize; consisting of a $1,000 REI Gift Card to be used towards the purchase of survival gear. The Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the prize is $1,000. It is the Sponsors' intention that the Grand Prize winner uses the Gift Card to purchase survival gear, but the Gift Card will be issued without restrictions.
No prize transfer or cash redemption permitted. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsors due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsors, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
Sponsors are responsible only for prize delivery; and are not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, changed, or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Other restrictions may apply. Winner is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local tax requirements. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsors with an affidavit or other proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry or is otherwise eligible to enter and win. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible.6. ODDS: The odds of winning the Sweepstakes are dependent upon the number of Eligible Entries received.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be contacted via email using the contact information provided by potential winner in his or her Joust.com account. To claim the prize, the potential winner will be required to respond to Sponsors' notification within twenty four (24) hours after the aforementioned message and provide his/her full name, email address, physical mailing address, date of birth, and phone number.
At the sole discretion of the Sponsors, disqualification, prize forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (1) a potential winner's failure to respond to initial notification within twenty-four (24) hours after its transmission; (2) the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner's email account prior to receipt of notification; (3) potential winner's failure to provide Sponsors with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; and (4) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules.
8. RELEASE: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto).
Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. You agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Released Parties due to or arising out of your Entry, or your conduct in creating an Entry or otherwise in connection with the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement; copyright infringement; violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, select a winner from all non-suspect Eligible Entries received prior to such event. Sponsors reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (1) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (2) violating the Official Rules; (3) violating the terms of service, conditions of use or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsors' property or service; or (4) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or whose acts or deeds (actual or perceived) would or might be deemed detrimental to Sponsors' reputation, as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors' failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsors are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. By participating, entrants agree to permit Sponsors to use their name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discoverychannel.com or www.joust.com in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider will apply. If you participate from your mobile phone, such activity will be subject to the charges pursuant to your wireless service provider's rate plan. Please consult your wireless service provider for more information.
10. GOVERNING LAW: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
12.WINNER'S NAME: For a copy of the winner's name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by September 30, 2015 to: "Social Survival Sweepstakes Winner's List," Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
(C) 2015 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. Visa, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes. REI ("Recreational Equipment, Inc.") is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.