The Dos and Donâ€™ts of Home Flipping
Have you ever wondered if it’s really possible to make a living flipping houses? It is if you know what you’re doing. Property Wars buyer Scott Menaged offers up a few quick tips for anyone looking to make a name for themselves in the auction market:
• Do not bid with your emotions. Stay focused!
• Do not overpay for a property simple because you've fallen in love with the house.
• Do not arrive late to the property site. Allow yourself plenty of time for a thorough inspection prior to bidding on the house.
• Always check with a title company to verify what property you are bidding on.
• Always make sure the home is clean and presentable before listing on the market.
• Do not over-improve the house because you generally won't recoup those extra expenses. For example, there's no need to spring for $400 doorknobs when $30 doorknobs can look just as presentable.
Tune in to Property Wars Thursdays at 10/9c to see how these savvy buyers navigate the real estate market.