- Join Discovery and Oceana to support legislation that will help protect sharks from extinction by banning the buying and selling of shark fin products in the U.S.
- Find volunteer opportunities in your area to help our oceans using VolunteerMatch and you'll automatically be entered to win a set of fin hats (official rules).
- Follow Shark Week on social media for our Finbassadors' LIVE updates on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter.
- Find out how you can celebrate Shark Week and share the #SaveSharks cause with your friends using our social toolkit! Download it.
- Share your support for sharks with the #SaveSharks hashtag.
- Tell your friends to become a Finbassador too with the social buttons below.
How to Be a Shark Finbassador
1. an individual who advocates on behalf of sharks
2. one who takes action to support shark conservation
3. a FINatic that is straight up JAWsome
Our Featured Finbassadors
Andy Brandy Casagrande IV is a two-time Emmy award-winning wildlife cinematographer with more than 100 wildlife film credits to his name, including more than 40 Shark Week specials! Andy's lifelong mission is to inspire people to care about our planet and its vanishing wildlife. He appears in Shark Week 2016's Isle of Jaws, kicking off the week Sunday, June 26, along with Jungle Sharks, Sharks Among Us and Killing Games.
Emma Casagrande is a wildlife cinematographer and adventurer who works to change humans perception of sharks through the Shark Angel program. Emma wants everyone to see these creatures as the powerful, but peaceful animals they truly are. She is teaming up with her husband Andy, and their two beautiful children Ace and Nova, to get our fans activated!
As a shark fanatic Annie’s fascination with sharks dates back to her childhood. In addition to assisting the Bimini Shark Lab with research, her somewhat bold and outspoken attitude and actions have made a big splash on social media. Annie leads the group Sharks Need Love, a group of people that educates, inspires and unites people around the globe who care about sharks whilst challenging those who sell shark based products and boycotting those who refuse to respond.
Dr. Tristan Guttridge has appeared on Shark Week multiple times as the director at the world famous Bimini Shark Lab. Tristan specialises in shark behaviour, in particular group living, learning and memory and has worked with sharks for over 12 years.
Inspired by the legacy of his grandfather Jacques Cousteau, Philippe is an Emmy nominated TV host, author, speaker, and social entrepreneur and has established himself as a prominent leader in the environmental movement. Together with his wife Ashlan Cousteau, he set out on a trip to the Marshall Islands to film, tag and investigate grey reef sharks in this year’s Shark Week special Nuclear Sharks.
Ashlan Gorse Cousteau is a veteran journalist, tv host and adventurer who has traveled around the globe creating digital documentaries that focus on the natural world. Together with her husband Philippe Cousteau, she set out on a trip to the Marshall Islands to film, tag and investigate grey reef sharks in this year’s Shark Week special Nuclear Sharks.