Skywire Live Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“CONTINENTAL U.S.”), AND OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTINENTAL U.S. WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Skywire Live Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the Continental U.S. who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Discovery Communications, LLC ("Sponsor"), its promotional partner Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (“MMNA”), Promotion Mechanics, Inc. (“Promotion Administrator”), their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities") and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, and local rules apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 3, 2013 and ends at 9:00 PM ET on June 23, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter, visit http://skywire.discovery.com/#sweeps and access the Sweepstakes entry form. Complete the entry form and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 9:00 PM ET on June 23, 2013. Limit one entry per valid e-mail address, per eligible person per day. Incomplete entries and entries made in excess of the number allowed by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Note that by entering this Sweepstakes, you are agreeing be bound by these Official Rules and the final decision of the Sponsor and Promotion Administrator.
3. RANDOM DRAWING – PRIZE – ODDS OF WINNING: Immediately after the close of the Sweepstakes Period, the Promotion Administrator, an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to award one (1) Grand Prize: one (1) 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SE S-AWC and one (1) cash award ("Vehicle Prize"). The Mitsubishi Outlander vehicle awarded will consist of one (1) 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander with a sunroof, leather seats, a premium Rockford-Fosgate sound system, power-adjustable driver’s seat, power tailgate, a navigation system, adaptive cruise control, forward collision mitigation, and lane departure warning. Manufacturer’s suggested retail price up to $34,720. Amount of cash award is $8,125 to be awarded in the form of a check in U.S. currency made payable to the Vehicle Prize winner. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Vehicle Prize is $40,845. The purpose of the cash award is to provide the winner with funds that he/she may apply toward the payment of any income tax liabilities he/she may incur as a result of winning a Vehicle Prize, or for any other purpose he/she wishes. Sponsor will provide instructions to the Vehicle Prize winner to obtain vehicle at a dealership or other specified location near his/her residence, to be designated by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
Winner is responsible for any expenses not expressly provided for in these Official Rules relating to acceptance and use of prize, as well as all local, state and federal taxes, including without limitation, all luxury, special and income taxes that may be applicable, license, title and registration fees, E.P.A. tax or fee, options/upgrades, locally required equipment and options, and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering, delivery or ultimate use of the vehicle. Winner must present valid U.S. driver’s license, evidence of automobile insurance and any other information/documents requested by Sponsor before he/she may take possession of vehicle.
Sweepstakes Entities make no representations or warranties with respect to Vehicle Prize; the sole warranties are the manufacturer's standard new car limited warranties that accompany the vehicle at time of delivery. Model, color and accessories will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and may vary from that depicted in advertising and promotional materials. No prize substitution, except at Sponsor's sole discretion, due to prize unavailability for any reason, and only then for a prize of comparable value.
No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION/VERIFICATION: The Promotion Administrator will contact the potential winner by phone immediately following the random drawing to confirm winner’s compliance with eligibility criteria prior to the announcement of the Grand Prize winner on-air between 10:00 and 10:20 PM ET on June 23, 2013. Winner will be announced on air as “pending verification of eligibility”. The potential winner will also be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within time period specified in notification letter or an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner is 18 or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in state of residence, prize will either be awarded in the name of parent or legal guardian, or parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of winner. Inability to contact a potential winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries. If winner fails to satisfy any of the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from the eligible entries received
5. GENERAL: Expenses not specified and any and all tax liability, whether local, state or federal, are winner’s sole responsibility. By participating, entrants agree to these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all respects relating to this sweepstakes; to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner, agrees to permit Sweepstakes Entities to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness and city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to on air and within www.discovery.com, in perpetuity, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, agents and representatives, Promotion Administrator, and the officers, directors and employees of each are not responsible for and shall not be liable for any telecast, cable or telephone malfunctions, human error, satellite transmission failures, or delayed telecasts or preemption of or the failure of a cable affiliate to televise Discovery Channel or any affiliated Sponsor network in all or any parts of the United States; electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those submitted prior to the action taken, or to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized web site address of http://skywire.discovery.com/#sweeps. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. This sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of Maryland, with jurisdiction and venue in Montgomery County, Maryland, and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Montgomery County, Maryland.
7. WINNER LIST: To receive the winner’s name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 31, 2013, to: Skywire Live Sweepstakes Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, One Discovery Place, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Promotion Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470.
©2013 Discovery Communications, LLC. All rights reserved.
Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Sweepstakes is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Sweepstakes.