All the things you need to help bring your garage to the next level.
Castrol® EDGE® with Fluid TITANIUM Technology, is Castrol’s strongest oil and the natural choice for drivers who want the best combination of sludge protection, wear protection and 10X better high temperature performance than the latest industry standard*.
*As measured in the Sequence IIIH engine test vs. API SP test limit
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C., age 21 or older. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Sweepstakes starts at 9:00 a.m. ET on April 22, 2021 and ends at 5:00 p.m. ET on May 28, 2021. For full official rules, visit www.discovery.com/garagerescuesweepstakes/sweepstakes/. Sponsored by Discovery Communications, LLC, 8403 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910.
The following promotion is intended for the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. only and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the 48 contiguous United States or D.C., 21 years or older.
ULTIMATE GARAGE RESCUE SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND D.C., 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 22, 2021 until 5:00 p.m. ET
on May 28, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”), you may enter the Ultimate Garage Rescue Sweepstakes
(the “Promotion”) by visiting the Discovery website (www.discovery.com/garagerescuesweepstakes)
(the “Website”) and completing and submitting the online entry form. In order to access the
Website and in an effort to optimize Website user experience, ad blocking software on your computer needs to
be disabled. These official rules are also available on the Website. Incorrect and incomplete entries are
Limit of one (1) entry per eligible person and per email address, per day during the Promotion Period. For purposes of this Promotion, a “day” begins at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET unless specified otherwise. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry per day will be accepted and additional entries will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by you to obtain more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods may void your entries and you may be disqualified from the Promotion. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries by you. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holders.
2. Eligibility: This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older as of the Promotion start date. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited. Employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of the Promotion Entities (as defined below) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors are not eligible.
4. Limitations of Liability: Discovery Communications, LLC (“Sponsor”), Castrol Ltd. and other participating sponsors (collectively with Sponsor, the “Promotion Entities”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent, advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omissions, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to your or any other computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; inability to access the Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; printing or human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or any combination thereof. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential winner and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of the Promotion Entities. By entering, you agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, their respective representatives and agents, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages or liability arising in connection with your participation and/or entry in the Promotion and/or your receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion or due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity or participation in this Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, the winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Promotion Entities to use said winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
5. How Winner will be Determined: One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on approximately May 28, 2021, and will be contacted by phone or email on or about three (3) business days following the drawing. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Grand Prize Winner, these Official Rules, and all other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final and binding. A prospective Grand Prize Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the prospective Grand Prize Winner within three (3) days from first notification attempt, if the prospective Grand Prize Winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date, if the potential Grand Prize Winner does not pass Sponsor’s background check (in its sole discretion), or if the prospective Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prospective Grand Prize Winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion, or to conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Promotion be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Website. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. Prize: The Grand Prize Winner will receive the following (the “Grand Prize”): (i) a CRAFTSMAN
2000 Series 52-in W 18-Drawer Tool & Garage Storage; (ii) up to $200 credit toward Castrol Motor Oil;
(iii) a CRAFTSMAN Black Rectangular Indoor Anti-Fatigue Mat; (iv) a CRAFTSMAN 10-Gallon Black Tote with
Latching Lid; (v) a CRAFTSMAN 2000 Series 28-in W x 28-in H x 12-in D Steel Wall-Mounted Garage Cabinet;
(vi) a CRAFTSMAN 2000 Series 32-in W x 74-in H x 18-in D Steel Freestanding Garage Cabinet; (vii) a
CRAFTSMAN 24-in D x 40-in W x 72-in H 5-Tier Plastic Utility Shelving Unit; (viii) a CRAFTSMAN 25-Piece
Acetate Handle Screwdriver Set; (ix) a CRAFTSMAN 40-Gallon (160-Quart) Black Tote with Latching Lid; (x) a
CRAFTSMAN 5-Gallon (20-Quart) Black Tote with Latching Lid; (xi) a CRAFTSMAN 500-Lumen LED Spotlight
Flashlight (Battery Included); (xii) a CRAFTSMAN 543-Piece Master Mechanic's Tool Set; (xiii) a CRAFTSMAN
72-in W x 41.25-in H Wood Work Bench; (xiv) a CRAFTSMAN Automotive 280-Lumen LED Articulating Work Light;
(xv) a CRAFTSMAN Automotive 3-Jaw Oil Filter Wrench; (xvi) a CRAFTSMAN Automotive Cooling System Repair Kit;
(xvii) a CRAFTSMAN Automotive Remote Diagnostics Device; (xviii) a CRAFTSMAN 3300i- 3300 Watt Portable
Inverter Generator; (xix) a CRAFTSMAN 3T Floor Jack and 3T Jack Studs; (xx) a CRAFTSMAN Digital Thermometer;
(xxi) a CRAFTSMAN Craftsman Parking Guide- Black; (xxii) a CRAFTSMAN Creeper; (xxiii) a pair of CRAFTSMAN
Mens Leather Mechanics Gloves; (xxiv) a CRAFTSMAN V20 8-Tool 20-Volt Max Power Tool Combo Kit with Soft Case
(Charger Included and 2-Batteries Included); (xxv) a CRAFTSMAN VersaTrack 20-Piece White and Black Composite
Multipurpose Storage Rail System; (xxvi) an OEMTOOLS Drum Drain Basin Oil Pan 5gal - 8gal; (xxvii) an
OEMTOOLS Fast-Clamp Universal Oil Funnel; (xxviii) a pair of SAS Safety Clear Lens Goggles; and (xxix) up to
$100 credit toward Motor Oil Filters (Excludes Mobil 1 filters).
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $4,958.
The specifics of all aforementioned elements of the Grand Prize in the Promotion shall be solely determined by Sponsor. All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Grand Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All federal, state and local taxes on the Grand Prize are the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize.
Grand Prize cannot be transferred or substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize, or portions thereof, with items of equal or greater value.
8. Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Promotion Entities in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland. Any action or litigation concerning this Agreement shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Montgomery County, Maryland, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Maryland. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION. YOU (HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
9. Winner List: Beginning on or about June 1, 2021, you may obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner by going to the Website.
10. Sponsor: Discovery Communications, LLC, 8403 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910.