Curiosity Daily Podcast: An Eternal Hug, Flea Jump Facts, Fitness Feedback Loops
Today, you’ll learn about an ancient couple found buried in an embrace, why it’s so darn hard to keep fleas off your beloved pets, and how your body’s natural chemistry can help you get a leg up on diet and exercise if you begin to build the habits.
Episode show notes:
They took “til death do you part” seriously.
- “1,500-year-old burial in China holds lovers locked in eternal embrace” by Laura Geggel
- “1,500-Year-Old Skeletons Found Locked in Embrace in Chinese Cemetery” by Livia Gershon
Fleas won’t be making it to the Olympics
- “How Do Fleas Jump?” by Kate Latham
- “A Flea’s Fantastic Jump Takes More Than a Muscle” by Josh Cassidy
Exercising affects one’s cravings.
- “Intense exercise while dieting may reduce cravings for fatty food” by Sara Zaske
- “Acute high-intensity interval exercise attenuates incubation of craving for foods high in fat” by Georgia E. Kirkpatrick
- “Ubiquitous nutrients suppress appetite and promote movement” By Fabrio Bergamin
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.