Curiosity Daily Podcast: Geckos & Skin Cancer, Music in Childhood, Underwater Camera
Today we discuss the connection between skin cancer and a leopard gecko named Mr. Frosty, how playing a musical instrument in childhood can affect brain function as we age, and how a new underwater camera can help us explore previously-unseen parts of the ocean.
Geckos & Skin Cancer
- “This Gecko Named Mr. Frosty and His 900 Babies May Inspire Human Skin Cancer Treatments” by Elizabeth Gamillo
- “Leopard Gecko Skin Tumors Traced to Cancer Gene” by Longua Guo et al.
Music in Childhood
- “Playing music in childhood linked to a sharper mind in old age, study suggests” by Guardian Staff
- “Experience of playing music in childhood and adolescence linked to better cognitive ability in old age: Study” Edited By: Srishti Singh Sisodia
- “MIT engineers build a battery-free, wireless underwater camera” by Adam Zewe
- “Battery-free wireless imaging of underwater environments” by Sayed Saad Afzal, Waleed Akbar, Osvy Rodriguez, Mario Doumet, Unsoo Ha, Reza Ghaffarivardavagh & Fadel Adib
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.