Curiosity Daily Podcast: The Curiosity Podcast Wraps Up with Yoga, Volcanoes, and Meditation
Learn from some of our favorite expert guests about yoga, volcanoes, meditation, and more on this special episode of the Curiosity Podcast. You'll hear from accomplished authors and academics from past episodes, in addition to a special guest you've never heard before on the show. Plus, hear about the past, present, and future of the Curiosity Podcast.
May 22, 2018
Episode Show Notes:
More from Curiosity:
- LINKEDIN: Get a $50 credit toward your first job post. Terms and conditions apply.
- BACKBLAZE: Fully featured 15-day free trial of unlimited cloud backup for your Mac or PC, which you can get for just $5/month
- What's the Best Way to Meditate?
- What Kind of Meditation Is Best for You?
- A Spirit Phone to Talk With The Dead
- Subscribe to email updates from Curiosity
- Curiosity Daily Alexa Flash Briefing Skill
Additional podcasts from Curiosity:
- The Limits of the Human Body May Be More Mental Than Physical (Curiosity Podcast with Alex Hutchinson)
- Natural Disasters Have Transformed How Scientists Communicate (Curiosity Podcast with Dr. Lucy Jones)
- Resilience Is the Key to Your Well-Being in a Constantly Changing World (Curiosity Podcast with Dr. Rick Hanson)
- Playlist of all Curiosity Podcast episodes (including Curiosity Daily)
Additional resources discussed:
- Alex Hutchinson's website
- "Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance"
- Champions of Zen: Inside the controversial world of competitive yoga | Racked
- How Tarot Cards Work | HowStuffWorks
- Dr. Lucy Jones' website
- "The Big Ones: How Natural Disasters Have Shaped Us (and What We Can Do About Them)"
- Dr. Rick Hanson's website
- "Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness"
Read more about the topics Cody asks Ashley about in the "Lightning Round" Curiosity Challenge:
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: The Temin Effect Power of Hobbies, Immortality with Quantum Suicide, and Does Meditation Kill Motivation?
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: The Healthiest Diet (w/ Michael Greger), Space Volcanoes, Freemasons, and Device-Free Quiet Time
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com — and talk to Dr. Michael Greger, internationally-renowned nutrition expert, physician, and founder of NutritionFacts.org — to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Plants That Light Up When Attacked, A 5-Minute Trick for Falling Asleep, and The Creepy Carleton Villa
Learn about why scientists made a plant that lights up when it’s attacked; the history of what might be the creepiest house in the United States; and a 5-minute trick to help you fall asleep faster. Plus: hear Cody and Ashley react to Curiosity Daily being recognized as the 2018 Best Science & Medicine Podcast in the 13th Annual People’s Choice Podcast Awards!
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Introducing If/Then
What gets you curious? Virtual experiences, celestial bodies, water worlds or maybe just the tiniest mysteries inside your brain? The endlessly curious and curiously funny, Gillian Jacobs (Community, Netflix's LOVE) and Diona Reasonover (NCIS), step off set to go on tangents with real-life astronauts, astrophysicists, science artists, mathematician-types and other really smart people that investigate what seems impossible.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Does ESP Exist?
Learn about ESP; why people panicked about electricity in the 1800s; and how embryos use sound to prepare for the world.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Are Facial Expressions Universal?
Learn about common ancestors shared by every human; evolution’s multiple directions; and universal facial expressions.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Do Opposites Really Attract?
Learn about why opposites don’t really attract; the “propinquity effect” and how physical distance affects the way we feel about other people; and the history of when and why we started using last names.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: How to Talk to Strangers, Red Dead Redemption 2 Naturalists, July Curiosity Challenge
Learn how to get better at talking to strangers; and how Red Dead Redemption 2 turns gamers into naturalists. Trivia too!
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Vampire Bats Adopt Babies Too
Learn about why engineers tested a temporary “smart tattoo” that emits light via OLEDs; a female vampire bat that adopted her best friend’s baby after the friend’s death; and how you can sharpen your mind with device-free quiet time.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Do Single-A Batteries Exist?
Learn about whether there’s such a thing as “single A” batteries; 5 surprising ways volunteering improves your physical health; and how duckbill dinosaurs may have crossed an ocean to reach Africa.