Impress Your Holiday Guests with the Perfect Swamp Cabbage Recipe
Swamp cabbage is a delicacy in South Florida and Guardians of the Glades' Tom Cobb knows just how to cook it.
Swamp cabbage is a delicacy in the Florida Everglades and Tom knows just how to cook it. Follow this recipe to impress your guests at your next holiday dinner.
GUARDIANS OF THE GLADES: Holiday Swamp Cabbage Recipe 01:27
- Heart of palm tree trunks (3 or 4)
- ½ cup of water
- Salt and pepper (if desired)
- Find yourself a friend that harvests swamp cabbage
- Cut down three or four trees
- Chop up the trees until you get to the core
- Cut the swamp cabbage into small pieces
- Fry the bacon until you have a lot of grease
- Add the swamp cabbage in the pan with the bacon
- Let the swamp cabbage get really hot, then add water
- Cover the swamp cabbage and let it simmer until it's tender