Aspiring entrepreneurs are putting it all on the line to pursue their dreams in the upcoming Discovery series, I QUIT.
Premiering Tuesday, August 18, I QUIT follow the individuals behind six new businesses as they quit their 9-to-5 day jobs to grow their fledgling businesses. Over the course of the year-long process, they will be guided and mentored by three successful business leaders: Harley Finkelstein, COO of Shopify, the global commerce platform powering more than 1 million businesses around the world; Debbie Sterling, CEO of the award-winning children’s multimedia company, GoldieBlox; and Tricia Clarke-Stone, entrepreneur, author, innovative marketer and co-founder/CEO of the award-winning creative and tech agency, WP Narrative_.
The six businesses and sets of entrepreneurs featured on I QUIT are:
- Versattire, a clothing company founded by newlyweds Matteo and Julie.
- Mike D’s BBQ, a food company selling their signature line of barbecue sauces and dry rubs, founded by married parents Mike and Gloria.
- Blue Coolers, an outdoor cooler company founded by best friends and dads Marcus and Chris.
- Esrever Wines, a wine company founded by best friends Ashanti, Jasmine and Tyshemia.
- Klado, a food company that makes and sells Brazilian truffles called brigadeiros, founded by married couple Jen and Jesse.
- NJ SOCCER, a semi-professional soccer team owned by married couple Alex and Sibrena.
The mentors’ generosity doesn’t end with their time and advice. They will also provide one of the featured businesses $100,000 to help grow their brand at the conclusion of the year-long experiment.
I QUIT premieres Tuesday, August 18, at 10P ET and will air Tuesdays at 9P after that. In addition to watching the show on Discovery, viewers can stream I QUIT by downloading the Discovery GO app. Viewers can join the conversation on social media by using the hashtag #IQuit and follow Discovery on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for the latest updates.