Curiosity Daily Podcast: Bill Nye’s Earth Day Tips to Save Our Planet
To help you celebrate Earth Day, Bill Nye discusses some unexpected ways we can save our environment, including raising the standard of living for women and girls. Then, you’ll learn about why spicy solar panels capture more sunlight — with a little help from capsaicin.
Episode Show Notes:
Additional resources from Bill Nye:
- Official website https://billnye.com/
- Bill Nye’s podcast, Science Rules! https://www.askbillnye.com/
- Pick up “Bill Nye's Great Big World of Science” on Amazon https://amzn.to/3u8iKQi
- “Everything All at Once: How to Think Like a Science Guy, Solve Any Problem, and Make a Better World” on Amazon https://amzn.to/3whsk5j
- Follow @BillNye on Twitter https://twitter.com/BillNye
Spicy solar panels capture more sunlight by Grant Currin
- Major, J. (2021, January 13). Solar panels capture more sunlight with capsaicin - the chemical that makes chili peppers spicy. The Conversation. https://theconversation.com/solar-panels-capture-more-sunlight-with-capsaicin-the-chemical-that-makes-chili-peppers-spicy-152901
- Xiong, S., et al. (2021). Direct Observation on p- to n-Type Transformation of Perovskite Surface Region during Defect Passivation Driving High Photovoltaic Efficiency. Joule, 5(2), 467–480. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.joule.2020.12.009
- Fox, A. (2021, February 2). Chili Pepper Compound Increases Solar Cell Efficiency. Smithsonian Magazine; Smithsonian Magazine. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/chili-pepper-compound-increases-solar-cell-efficiency-180976893/
Follow Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free! You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.