Curiosity Daily Podcast: Murdering Murder Hornets, ADHD & Hoarding, Pain Pill Ills
Learn about how Japanese honey bees protect themselves from murder hornets, how a new link has been discovered between ADHD and hoarding disorder, and how your over-the-counter pain meds, might actually be making your pain worse!
Episode show notes:
Honey avoiding murder.
- “Key genes enable Japanese honey bees to roast hornets” by Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America
- “Murder Hornets vs. Honeybees: A Swarm of Bees Can Cook Invaders Alive” by Mike Baker
Does having ADHD mean you’re more likely to be a hoarder?
- “A Curious Link Between Inattention and Hoarding Could Lead to New ADHD Therapies” by Sarah Sloat”
- “Hoarding: People With ADHD are More Likely to Have Problems - New Research” by Sharon Morein
Hold the meds.
- “Anti-inflammatory Medications Raise Risk of Chronic Back Pain in Patients” by Joseph Cariz
- “Acute inflammatory response via neutrophil activation protects against the development of chronic pain” by Marc Parisien, Lucas V. Lima, Concetta Dagostino, Nehme El-Hachm, Gillian L. Drury, Audrey V. Grant, Jonathan Huising, Vivek Verma, Carolina B. Meloto, Jaqueline R. Silva, Gabrielle G.S. Dutra, Teodora Markova, Hong Dang, Philippe A. Tessier, Gary D. Slade, Andrea G. Nackley, Nader Ghasemlou, Jeffrey S. Mogil, Massimo Allegri, and Luda Diatchenko.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.