Curiosity Daily Podcast: Natural Disasters Have Transformed How Scientists Communicate
People have relied on scientists for answers to some pretty big questions, and natural disasters are no exception. But when people don't like those answers, how are scientists supposed to communicate with the public? In this episode, seismologist Dr. Lucy Jones discusses the disconnect between disasters, psychology, and science communication, and helps us understand how to handle inconvenient truths in a healthy way.
Episode Show Notes:
More from Curiosity:
- THRIVE MARKET: Get an extra 25 percent off your first order along with a free 30-day trial
- SKILLSHARE: Two months of unlimited access to more than 18 thousand classes for just 99 cents
- P-Hacking Enables Scientists To Publish False Results As True
- Confirmation Bias Makes You Ignore What You Don't Agree With
- Why a CD is Exactly 74 Minutes Long
Additional resources from Dr. Lucy Jones:
Other resources discussed:
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.