Curiosity Daily Podcast:The Myth of Man Flu, Arctic Lakes, Buzzing Bats
Let’s talk about whether “man flu” is fact or fiction, how the Arctic lakes just threw a curveball at our climate change projections, and the genius new way bats are tricking their predators.
The Myth of Man Flu
- “Man flu is not a thing – Gender-specific secondary analysis of a prospective randomized-controlled trial for acute rhinosinusitis” by Reidl et al.
- “Stop accusing men of overreacting – 'man flu' really does exist, doctor claims” by Nicola Davis
- “'Man Flu' May Be Real After All, Study Says” by Alice G. Walton
- “The science behind “man flu”” by Kyle Sue
- “Is "man flu" really a thing?” By Robert H. Shmerling, MD
- “Bats buzz like hornets to scare off owl predators” by Freda Kreier
- “Bats buzz like hornets to scare away predators” by Tess Joosse
- “Arctic lakes are vanishing in surprise climate finding” by University of Florida
- “In a surprise climate change finding, Arctic lakes are vanishing” by Karen Graham
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.