Curiosity Daily Podcast: Why Everything Takes Longer Than You Think, Storm-Predicting Joints, Barber Pole Origins, and Mary Toft
Learn about whether you can actually feel a storm coming in your bones; an 18th-century woman who convinced doctors she was giving birth to rabbits; the 2 main reasons why everything takes longer than you think it will; and why barber shop poles are red, white and blue.
Episode Show Notes:
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
- Can You Really Feel a Storm Coming In Your Bones? — https://curiosity.im/2SeTJjs
- This 18th-Century Woman Convinced Doctors She Was Giving Birth to Rabbits — https://curiosity.im/2SiLu5Q
- The 2 Main Reasons Why Everything Takes Longer Than You Think It Will — https://curiosity.im/2SpD39h
Additional resources discussed:
- Early Practitioners | PBS — http://www.pbs.org/kqed/demonbarber/bloodletting/
- Why are barber poles red, white and blue? | History — https://www.history.com/news/why-are-barber-poles-red-white-and-blue
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Learn about these topics and more on Curiosity.com, and download our 5-star app for Android and iOS. Then, join the conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Plus: Amazon smart speaker users, enable our Alexa Flash Briefing to learn something new in just a few minutes every day!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.