Explore the World's Abandoned Ruins in Mysteries of the Abandoned
Some of the world's most amazing engineering projects now lie in ruins, but behind each structure there’s a story waiting to be told. MYSTERIES OF THE ABANDONED returns for an all-new season Thursday, May 20 at 9P on Science Channel and streaming on discovery+.
How does an engineering marvel turn into ruins? Science Channel’s MYSTERIES OF THE ABANDONED explores the history of some of the world’s most astonishing builds, and what led to their tragic demise. With the help of advanced CGI, these once-mesmerizing structures are brought back to life, revealing the stories of their haunted pasts.
This season, viewers will travel across the globe to uncover the mysteries behind these massive structures and abandoned sites on the brink of collapse. After decades of decay and withstanding the elements of nature, what’s left of these structures will reveal some of the best-kept secrets from throughout history.
Some of the mysteries explored in the brand-new season include:
- An epic abandoned resort on the banks of the Dead Sea, embroiled in controversy and the Russian mafia.
- A modern, abstract tower in the middle of nowhere in Croatia that appears to belong to a futuristic city.
- A former priesthood training center in the forest outside of Glasgow with a brutalist exterior.
- A modern theme park in Indonesia struck down by a series of bizarre events.
- An upscale hotel resort that once hosted the rich and famous throughout its illustrious history, with an underground bunker tucked away in case of nuclear attack.
Once significant sites around the world, today these abandoned places are merely the ghostly remains of what they once were. Get an inside look at these decaying structures when the all-new new season of MYSTERIES OF THE ABANDONED premieres Thursday, May 20 at 9P on Science Channel and streaming on discovery+.