Curiosity Daily Podcast: “What Is Life?” with Carl Zimmer, Why You Always Have Room for Dessert, and Learning Myths
Learn about common misconceptions around learning that even educators believe; the scientific reason why it feels like you always have more room for dessert; and how science writer Carl Zimmer responded when we asked him “what is life?”
Episode Show Notes:
More from Carl Zimmer:
- Carl Zimmer’s website — https://carlzimmer.com/
- “She Has Her Mother’s Laugh: The Powers, Perversions, and Potential of Heredity” — https://amazon.com
- “Matter,” Zimmer’s weekly science column for The New York Times — http://www.nytimes.com/column/matter
- “What Is Life,” a podcast series of live conversations between writer Carl Zimmer and eight leading thinkers on the question of what it means to be alive — https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/what-is-life/id1451004288?mt=2
- Follow @CarlZimmer on Twitter — https://twitter.com/carlzimmer
- Additional publications from Carl Zimmer — https://amazon.com
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.