Shark Week: The Podcast - How Did a Shark Encounter Survivor Become an Advocate for Their Protection?
Shark Week’s Luke Tipple welcomes professional photographer Mike Coots, who lost his leg to a tiger shark attack when he was only 18. But after his horrific injury, he came to love sharks, and became a lifelong advocate for their safety. Luke and Mike discuss his career, his love for photographing sharks, and how to positively approach the big life-changing moments that can happen to any of us.
- Luke Tipple on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/luketipple/)
- Mike Coots on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/mikecoots/?hl=en)
- Mike Coots’s photography book (https://www.amazon.com/Shark-Portraits-Mike-Coots/dp/0847873544)
- Shark Week on Twitter (https://twitter.com/SharkWeek) and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/sharkweek/?hl=en)
- Discovery+ on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/discoveryplus/)
More info on today’s Shark Bite can be found here (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/these-sharks-hold-their-breath-to-stay-warm/) and here (https://www.science.org/doi/pdf/10.1126/science.add4445)