Curiosity Daily Podcast: Big Brain Bestfriends, Mars Exploration Fleet, Brain Unpain
Discover how our brains physically reflect how social we are, a new proposal for Mars exploration vehicles, and patterns in our brain that reveal how we process pain!
- “Brain regions linked to empathy bigger in monkeys with more friends” by Alice Klein
- “Social connections predict brain structure in a multidimensional free-ranging primate society” by Camille Testard, et al.
- “Online social network size is reflected in human brain structure” by R. Kanai, et al.
- “Social relationships and physiological determinants of longevity across the human life span” by Yang Claire Yang, et al.
- “An ecocultural model predicts Neanderthal extinction through competition with modern humans” by William Gilpin, et al.
- Divide and Conquer: Mars Rovers Could be Superseded by Swarms of Two-Wheeled Robots by Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
- The Two-Wheeled Robotic Swarm Concept for Mars Exploration by Alexander Petrovsky, et al.
- Missions by NASA Science Mars Exploration Program
- Announcement by MIT Skoltech Program
- “Discovery In The Brains Of Army Veterans Sheds Light On The Neurobiological Mechanisms Behind Chronic Pain And Trauma” by Conn Hastings
- “Understanding Pain and Trauma Symptoms in Veterans From Resting-State Connectivity: Unsupervised Modeling” by Irina A. Strigo, Andrea D. Spadoni and Alan N. Simmons.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+!
Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.