Curiosity Daily Podcast: Skin Print, Testing Birth Control, Race To Bring Mars Home
You’re going to learn about efforts to print astronaut skin in space with their own blood, the mystifying side effects of birth control, and the race to bring soil samples back from Mars!
Episode show notes:
- 3D Bioprinting Artificial Bone for Emergency Medicine in Space by European Space Agency
- Upside-Down 3D-Printed Skin and Bone, for Humans to Mars by European Space Agency
- Regenerative Medicine and 3D Bioprinting for Human Space Exploration and Planet Colonization by Tommaso Ghidini
- 3D Bioprinting of Tissues and Organs by Sean V. Murphy & Anthony Atala
Birth control plus extra.
- Why Birth Control Side Effects Have Eluded Science by Saima Sidik
- Oral Contraception and Serious Psychiatric Illness: Absence of an Association by M.P. Vessey, et al.
- The Relationship Between Progestin Hormonal Contraception and Depression: A Systematic Review by Brett L. Worly, et al.
- Association of Hormonal Contraception With Depression by Charlotte Wessel Skovlund, et al.
- Hormonal Contraceptive Use is Associated with Neural and Affective Changes in Healthy Young Women by Nina Lisofsky, et al.
- “China plans to return Mars samples to Earth in 2031: report” by Elizabeth Howell
- “US military to keep wary eye on Chinese and Russian space ambitions under President Biden” by Mike Wall
- “China aims to bring Mars samples to Earth 2 years before NASA, ESA mission” by Andrew Jones
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.