Curiosity Daily Podcast: How Calculus Is Different (w/ Steven Strogatz), Distraction Can Alter Your Memory, and Why the Hindenburg Used Hydrogen
Popular mathematics writer and Cornell University Professor Steven Strogatz discusses the difference between calculus and algebra, and what calculus can do that other math can’t. Plus: learn about how distraction can alter your memory, and the science behind the Hindenburg disaster of 1937.
Episode Show Notes:
Please vote for Curiosity Daily in the 2019 Discover Pods Awards! We're a finalist for Best Technology & Science Podcast. Every vote counts! https://awards.discoverpods.com/finalists/
Additional resources from Steven Strogatz:
- “Infinite Powers: How Calculus Reveals the Secrets of the Universe” on Amazon — https://amazon.com
- Additional publications — https://amazon.com
- Steven Strogatz official website — http://www.stevenstrogatz.com/
- Cornell University profile — https://math.cornell.edu/steven-strogatz
- Google Scholar profile — https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=FxyRWlcAAAAJ
- Follow @stevenstrogatz on Twitter — https://twitter.com/stevenstrogatz
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.