Curiosity Daily Podcast: How Digital Audio Has Changed Listening (w/ Damon Krukowski) and How Much You Can Know
Learn about how digital technology is changing the way we listen to music and other audio from special guest Damon Krukowski, who is a musician, writer, and author of the new book “Ways of Hearing.” We’ll also answer a listener question about whether there’s a limit to how much we can know.
Episode Show Notes:
Get your copy of “Ways of Hearing” on Amazon: https://amazon.com
More from Damon Krukowski:
- “Ways of Hearing” on Amazon — https://amazon.com
- Damon Krukowski’s website — http://www.dadadrummer.com/
- Pitchfork profile — https://pitchfork.com/staff/damon-krukowski/
- Follow Damon K on Twitter @dada_drummer — https://twitter.com/dada_drummer
- Radiotopia Showcase — https://www.radiotopia.fm/showcase/ways-of-hearing
Additional resources discussed:
- What’s the most we can remember? | BBC — http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150401-whats-the-most-we-can-remember
- Memory Capacity of the Brain is 10 Times More than Previously Thought | Salk Institute for Biological Studies — https://www.salk.edu/news-release/memory-capacity-of-brain-is-10-times-more-than-previously-thought/
- What Is the Memory Capacity of the Human Brain? | Scientific American — https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/what-is-the-memory-capacity/
- Your Short-Term Memory Can Only Hold 7 Items (But You Can Use This Trick) | Curiosity.com — https://curiosity.im/2L0IdcI
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.