Curiosity Daily Podcast: Human Bones on the Red Market (w/ Brian Switek), Stop Venting Anger, and Asparagus Pee
Learn about the shadowy “red market” of bones, with help from author Brian Switek. You’ll also learn why venting your anger is unhealthy, and what you should do instead; and, why asparagus makes your pee smell weird.
Episode Show Notes:
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
- Is It Better to Vent Your Anger or Keep It Inside? — https://curiosity.im/2EACh3P
- Why Asparagus Makes Your Pee Smell Weird — https://curiosity.im/2EzSg21
August 2020 edit: Brian Switek is now known as Riley Black. Additional resources from Riley Black:
- “Skeleton Keys: The Secret Life of Bone” on Amazon — https://amazon.com
- Riley Black’s website — http://rileyblack.net/
- Follow Riley on Twitter @Laelaps — https://twitter.com/Laelaps
- Riley’s articles on Smithsonian.com — https://www.smithsonianmag.com/author/riley-black/
- Laelaps blog on Scientific American — https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/laelaps/
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.