Episode Show Notes:
Additional resources from Emily Oster:
- Pick up "The Family Firm: A Data-Driven Guide to Better Decision Making in the Early Years" at your local bookstore: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781984881755?aff=penguinrandom
- Website: https://emilyoster.net/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProfEmilyOster
"Trusting science" may make you more likely to share false science — but there's a fix by Grant Currin
- Misplaced trust: When trust in science fosters pseudoscience. (2021, July 26). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/923454
- O’Brien, T. C., Palmer, R., & Albarracin, D. (2021). Misplaced trust: When trust in science fosters belief in pseudoscience and the benefits of critical evaluation. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 96, 104184. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jesp.2021.104184
Episodes referenced in Curiosity Challenge Trivia game:
- Kids don’t get humor: https://www.curiositydaily.com/kids-v-sarcasm-24000-year-old-worm-why-betelgeuse-dimmed/
- Glowing clouds: https://www.curiositydaily.com/cognitive-flexibility-arctic-dinosaurs-noctilucent-clouds/
- Guilty emotion: https://www.curiositydaily.com/anger-looks-guilty-quantum-microscope-good-news-about-cancer/
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.