Episode Show Notes:
Online trolling might be due to personality rather than the anonymity of the internet by Steffie Drucker
- New research: The internet does not turn people into trolls – it just makes real-life trolls more visible. (2021, August 26). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/926582
- BOR, A., & PETERSEN, M. B. (2021). The Psychology of Online Political Hostility: A Comprehensive, Cross-National Test of the Mismatch Hypothesis. American Political Science Review, 1–18. https://doi.org/10.1017/s0003055421000885
Rattlesnake rattles use auditory illusion to trick human brains by Cameron Duke
- Forsthofer, M., Schutte, M., Luksch, H., Kohl, T., Wiegrebe, L., & Chagnaud, B. P. (2021). Frequency modulation of rattlesnake acoustic display affects acoustic distance perception in humans. Current Biology. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2021.07.018
- Turner, B. (2021, August 19). Rattlesnake rattles use auditory illusion to trick human brains. Livescience.com; Live Science. https://www.livescience.com/rattlesnakes-trick-brains-auditory-illusion.html
Introducing The Universe’s Most Epic Object: The Blazar by Ashley Hamer
- Atkinson, Nancy. (2009, March 19). Astronomers Observe Bizarre Blazar with Battery of Telescopes. Universe Today. https://www.universetoday.com/27518/astronomers-observe-bizarre-blazar-with-battery-of-telescopes/
- Carlson, E. K. (2018, July 12). Blazars explained. Astronomy.com. https://astronomy.com/news/2018/07/what-is-a-blazar
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.