Episode Show Notes:
Use Swedish Death Cleaning to Declutter Your Life by Ashley Hamer
- Gyan Yankovich. (2018, April). A Beginner’s Guide To Swedish Death Cleaning. BuzzFeed. https://www.buzzfeed.com/gyanyankovich/what-is-swedish-death-cleaning
- DiGiulio, S. (2017, November 2). What is “Swedish death cleaning” and should you be doing it? NBC News; NBC News. https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/what-swedish-death-cleaning-should-you-be-doing-it-ncna816511
Meet Alfred Russel Wallace, the other guy who discovered natural selection by Cameron Duke
- Kuhn, A. (2019). He Helped Discover Evolution, And Then Became Extinct. NPR.org. https://www.npr.org/2013/04/30/177781424/he-helped-discover-evolution-and-then-became-extinct
- McNish, J. (2018). Who was Alfred Russel Wallace? NHM.ac.uk. https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/who-was-alfred-russel-wallace.html
- Natural Selection: Charles Darwin & Alfred Russel Wallace. (2020). Berkeley.edu. https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/0_0_0/history_14
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Introducing If/Then
What gets you curious? Virtual experiences, celestial bodies, water worlds or maybe just the tiniest mysteries inside your brain? The endlessly curious and curiously funny, Gillian Jacobs (Community, Netflix's LOVE) and Diona Reasonover (NCIS), step off set to go on tangents with real-life astronauts, astrophysicists, science artists, mathematician-types and other really smart people that investigate what seems impossible.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: The Curiosity Podcast Wraps Up with Yoga, Volcanoes, and Meditation
Learn from some of our favorite expert guests about yoga, volcanoes, meditation, and more on this special episode of the Curiosity Podcast. You'll hear from accomplished authors and academics from past episodes, in addition to a special guest you've never heard before on the show. Plus, hear about the past, present, and future of the Curiosity Podcast.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Does ESP Exist?
Learn about ESP; why people panicked about electricity in the 1800s; and how embryos use sound to prepare for the world.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Are Facial Expressions Universal?
Learn about common ancestors shared by every human; evolution’s multiple directions; and universal facial expressions.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Do Opposites Really Attract?
Learn about why opposites don’t really attract; the “propinquity effect” and how physical distance affects the way we feel about other people; and the history of when and why we started using last names.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: How to Talk to Strangers, Red Dead Redemption 2 Naturalists, July Curiosity Challenge
Learn how to get better at talking to strangers; and how Red Dead Redemption 2 turns gamers into naturalists. Trivia too!
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Octopuses Have Sleep Cycles, Too
Learn about imaginary beams of motion coming from people’s eyes; where lost luggage ends up; and octopus sleep cycles.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Do Single-A Batteries Exist?
Learn about whether there’s such a thing as “single A” batteries; 5 surprising ways volunteering improves your physical health; and how duckbill dinosaurs may have crossed an ocean to reach Africa.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Why Multitasking Keeps You Snacking
Learn about how rats might not have been all to blame for the bubonic plagues and why we’re more prone to mindlessly eat while we multitask.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: How Superstitions Can Reduce Anxiety
Learn how superstitions can actually reduce anxiety, why rebooting can often fix computer problems, and why the first full dinosaur skeleton ever found is finally being studied 160 years later.