Episode Show Notes:
People often misremember where they were on a given date, which puts criminal alibis into question by Cameron Duke
- Faulty memories of our past whereabouts: The fallacy of an airtight alibi. (2021). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-07/afps-fmo070721.php
- Laliberte, E., Yim, H., Stone, B., & Dennis, S. J. (2021). The Fallacy of an Airtight Alibi: Understanding Human Memory for “Where” Using Experience Sampling. Psychological Science, 32(6), 944–951. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797620980752
- Young, E. (2021, June 7). It’s Surprisingly Common To Misremember Where You Were On A Specific Time And Date. Research Digest. https://digest.bps.org.uk/2021/06/07/its-surprisingly-common-to-misremember-where-you-were-on-a-specific-time-and-date/
Huge analysis of sediment DNA tells a deeper story of Denisova Cave by Cameron Duke
- Pleistocene sediment DNA from Denisova Cave: Sediment DNA tracks 300,000 years of hominin and animal presence at Denisova Cave. (2021). ScienceDaily. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2021/06/210623113857.htm
- Zavala, E. I., Jacobs, Z., Vernot, B., Shunkov, M. V., Kozlikin, M. B., Derevianko, A. P., Essel, E., de Fillipo, C., Nagel, S., Richter, J., Romagné, F., Schmidt, A., Li, B., O’Gorman, K., Slon, V., Kelso, J., Pääbo, S., Roberts, R. G., & Meyer, M. (2021). Pleistocene sediment DNA reveals hominin and faunal turnovers at Denisova Cave. Nature. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-021-03675-0
The Best Ways to Remove Pesticides From Produce was originally published June 29, 2018: https://omny.fm/shows/curiosity-daily/how-to-remove-pesticides-from-produce-the-misattri
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.