Episode Show Notes:
Additional resources from Erica Dhawan:
- Pick up "Digital Body Language: How to Build Trust & Connection No Matter the Distance" from your local bookstore: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781250246523
- Website: https://ericadhawan.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ericadhawan
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ericadhawan_/
Scientists brought multiple molecules into the same quantum state, which is a big deal by Briana Brownell
- UChicago scientists harness molecules into single quantum state. (2021). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-04/uoc-ush042221.php
- Ultracold Molecules | JILA - Exploring the Frontiers of Physics. (2015). Colorado.edu. https://jila.colorado.edu/yelabs/research/ultracold-molecules
- Cornish, S. (2008). From atoms to molecules (and back). Physics, 1. https://physics.aps.org/articles/v1/24
- Physicists Turn Atomic Bose-Einstein Condensate into Molecular One | Physics | Sci-News.com. (2021). Breaking Science News | Sci-News.com. http://www.sci-news.com/physics/molecular-bose-einstein-condensate-09606.html
- Carr, L. D., DeMille, D., Krems, R. V., & Ye, J. (2009). Cold and ultracold molecules: science, technology and applications. New Journal of Physics, 11(5), 055049. https://doi.org/10.1088/1367-2630/11/5/055049
- Bose-Einstein Condensate: A New Form of Matter. (2001, October 9). NIST. https://www.nist.gov/news-events/news/2001/10/bose-einstein-condensate-new-form-matter
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer — for free!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Liars May Imitate Your Body Language
Learn about why liars may mimic your body language; why “tend and befriend” is an alternative response to “fight or flight”; and why lakes freeze from the top down, not the bottom up.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: S’more History, How “Text Speak” Affects Literacy Skills, and What Lead Does to Your Body
Learn about whether “text speak” harms your literacy skills; why the s’mores recipe isn’t as old as you think; and what lead does to the human body.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Introducing If/Then
What gets you curious? Virtual experiences, celestial bodies, water worlds or maybe just the tiniest mysteries inside your brain? The endlessly curious and curiously funny, Gillian Jacobs (Community, Netflix's LOVE) and Diona Reasonover (NCIS), step off set to go on tangents with real-life astronauts, astrophysicists, science artists, mathematician-types and other really smart people that investigate what seems impossible.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Modern Benefits from Archaeological Discoveries (w/ Mary Prendergast and Elizabeth Sawchuk) and Hearing Body Language
Learn about the modern benefits we’re getting from new archaeological discoveries, from researchers Mary Prendergast and Elizabeth Sawchuk. Then, you’ll learn about how people can hear body language in your voice.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: The 13 Emotions Music Evokes, Surprising Things Pregnancy Does to the Body, and Solving the Tiny T. Rex Mystery
Learn about the 13 categories of emotions that music makes you feel; how scientists solved the mystery of two strangely small tyrannosaurus rex fossils; and surprising things that happen to a pregnant person’s body.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: The Curiosity Podcast Wraps Up with Yoga, Volcanoes, and Meditation
Learn from some of our favorite expert guests about yoga, volcanoes, meditation, and more on this special episode of the Curiosity Podcast. You'll hear from accomplished authors and academics from past episodes, in addition to a special guest you've never heard before on the show. Plus, hear about the past, present, and future of the Curiosity Podcast.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Does ESP Exist?
Learn about ESP; why people panicked about electricity in the 1800s; and how embryos use sound to prepare for the world.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Are Facial Expressions Universal?
Learn about common ancestors shared by every human; evolution’s multiple directions; and universal facial expressions.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: Do Opposites Really Attract?
Learn about why opposites don’t really attract; the “propinquity effect” and how physical distance affects the way we feel about other people; and the history of when and why we started using last names.
Curiosity Daily Podcast: How to Talk to Strangers, Red Dead Redemption 2 Naturalists, July Curiosity Challenge
Learn how to get better at talking to strangers; and how Red Dead Redemption 2 turns gamers into naturalists. Trivia too!