Curiosity Daily Podcast: Why Bugs Are Basically Robots (w/ Alie Ward)
Learn about how AI could help predict which drugs won’t agree with women, and why Point Nemo is considered planet Earth’s spacecraft graveyard. But first, Ologies podcast host Alie Ward is back to tell us about her favorite ologie.
Episode Show Notes:
Resources from Ologies host Alie Ward:
AI could help predict which drugs won't agree with women (since studies haven't) by Cameron Duke
- Chandak, P., & Tatonetti, N. P. (2020). Using Machine Learning to Identify Adverse Drug Effects Posing Increased Risk to Women. Patterns, 1(7). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patter.2020.100108
- Drugs aren’t typically tested on women. AI could correct that bias. (2020). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2020-09/cp-dat093020.php
- Llamas, M. (2015, September 24). How the FDA Let Women Down. Drugwatch.Com; DrugWatch. https://www.drugwatch.com/featured/fda-let-women-down/
- Whitley, H. P., & Lindsey, W. (2009). Sex-Based Differences in Drug Activity. American Family Physician, 80(11), 1254–1258. https://www.aafp.org/afp/2009/1201/p1254.html
Point Nemo is Planet Earth's Spacecraft Graveyard by Reuben Westmaas
- Dr. David Whitehouse. (2017, October 20). The place spacecraft go to die. BBC News; BBC News. https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-41683839
- NASA wrestles with what to do with International Space Station after 2024 – Spaceflight Now. (2020). Spaceflightnow.Com. https://spaceflightnow.com/2018/05/20/nasa-wrestles-with-what-to-do-with-international-space-station-after-2024/
Subscribe to Curiosity Daily to learn something new every day with Ashley Hamer and Natalia Reagan (filling in for Cody Gough). You can also listen to our podcast as part of your Alexa Flash Briefing; Amazon smart speakers users, click/tap “enable” here: https://www.amazon.com/Curiosity-com-Curiosity-Daily-from/dp/B07CP17DJY
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.