Curiosity Daily Podcast: Why Generalists Triumph (w/ David Epstein) and What Causes Puffy Eyes After Crying
Learn about why your eyes get puffy when you cry. You’ll also learn about the benefits of being a generalist instead of a specialist from a special guest: author David Epstein.
Episode Show Notes:
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following story from Curiosity.com about why your eyes get puffy when you cry: https://curiosity.im/2Lq2Spq
Additional resources from David Epstein:
- Get your copy of “Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World” on Amazon — https://amazon.com
- “The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance” — https://amazon.com
- Official website — https://www.davidepstein.com/
- Follow @DavidEpstein on Twitter — https://twitter.com/DavidEpstein
- Remember the ‘10,000 Hours’ Rule for Success? Forget About It | The New York Times — https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/28/books/review/david-epstein-range.html
Want to support our show? Register for the 2019 Podcast Awards and nominate Curiosity Daily to win for People’s Choice, Education, and Science & Medicine. After you register, simply select Curiosity Daily from the drop-down menus (no need to pick nominees in every category): https://curiosity.im/podcast-awards-2019
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.