Episode Show Notes:
Additional resources from Andrew Steele:
Whales and dolphins in the womb start with nostrils on the tip of their noses by Grant Currin
- Urton, J. (2021). Now how did that get up there? New study sheds light on development and evolution of dolphin, whale blowholes. UW News. https://www.washington.edu/news/2021/08/05/dolphin-whale-blowholes/
- Roston, R. A., & Roth, V. L. (2021). Different transformations underlie blowhole and nasal passage development in a toothed whale (Odontoceti: Stenella attenuata ) and a baleen whale (Mysticeti: Balaenoptera physalus ). Journal of Anatomy. https://doi.org/10.1111/joa.13492
How weather manipulation works by Ashley Hamer (Listener question from Joseph in Peoria, Illinois)
- Is weather control a dream or nightmare? (2017, October 19). Science News for Students. https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/weather-control-dream-or-nightmare
- Eoin O'Carroll, & Paulson, A. (2018, October 15). Unintended consequences: Climate-hacking poses big ethical questions. The Christian Science Monitor; The Christian Science Monitor. https://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/2018/1015/Unintended-consequences-Climate-hacking-poses-big-ethical-questions
- Our Mission Modification ? (2013). Noaa.gov. https://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/hrd_sub/modification.html
- Cool Science: How Kurt Vonnegut’s Brother Tried To Break Up Hurricanes | GE News. (2020). Ge.com. https://www.ge.com/news/reports/cool-science-vonnegut-ge-research
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.