Curiosity Daily Podcast: Dating App Data, Mass Frog Grave, Cure for Colorblind
Let’s talk about how dating apps stress us out, the discovery of a massive ancient frog grave, and how gene therapy can potentially cure colorblindness.
Dating App Data
- “The agony of partner choice: The effect of excessive partner availability on fear of being single, self-esteem, and partner choice overload” by Marina F. Thomas, Alice Binder, and Jörg Matthes.
- “Science of Dating: How Many Times Should You Swipe on a Dating App?” by Ellen Nguyen.
Mass Frog Grave
- “Ancient frogs in mass grave died from too much sex – new research” by Daniel Falk
- “How Frogs Benefited From The Dinosaurs' Extinction” by Merrit Kennedy
- “The skeletal taphonomy of anurans from the Eocene Geiseltal Konservat-Lagerstätte, Germany: insights into the controls on fossil anuran preservation” by Daniel Falk, Oliver Wings, and Maria E. McNamara
Cure for Colorblind
- “Gene therapy partly restores cone function in two completely colorblind children” by Science Daily
- “A demonstration of cone function plasticity after gene therapy in achromatopsia” by Mahtab Farahbakhsh, Elaine J Anderson, Roni O Maimon-Mor, Andy Rider, John A Greenwood, Nashila Hirji, Serena Zaman, Pete R Jones, D Samuel Schwarzkopf, Geraint Rees, Michel Michaelides, and Tessa M Dekker
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.