Curiosity Daily Podcast: PPE Concrete, Steroid Use and ADHD, Butterfly Chastity
Today we discuss how recycling used personal protective equipment can make stronger concrete, a rise in ADHD symptoms among male weightlifters who take steroids, and the battle of the sexes among male and female butterflies!
- “PPE can be recycled to make stronger concrete” by Gosia Kaszubska and Will Wright
- “Recycled PPE could strengthen concrete” by The Engineer
Steroid Use and ADHD
- “ADHD symptoms and use of anabolic androgenic steroids among male weightlifters” by Emilie Kildal, Bjørnar Hassel & Astrid Bjørnebekk
- “ADHD symptoms are more prevalent in male weightlifters who use steroids, study finds” by Patricia Y. Sanchez
- “In butterfly battle of sexes, males deploy ‘chastity belts’ but females fight back” by Halle Marchese and Natalie van Hoose
- “Is Sexual Conflict a Driver of Speciation? A Case Study With a Tribe of Brush-footed Butterflies” by Ana Paula S Carvalho, Ryan A St Laurent, Emmanuel F A Toussaint, Caroline Storer, Kelly M Dexter, Kwaku Aduse-Poku, and Akito Y Kawahara
- “Ruff Sex: A Chastity Belt for Dogs” by Buck Wolf
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.