Episode Show Notes:
A third of people may have misokinesia, an intense hatred of certain movements like fidgeting by Steffie Drucker
- Do you hate seeing people fidget? New UBC research says you’re not alone. (2021, August 31). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/927047
- If You Can’t Stand People Fidgeting, You May Have Misokinesia. (2020, February 3). Vice.com. https://www.vice.com/en/article/epnwgm/if-you-cant-stand-people-fidgeting-you-may-hav e-misokinesia
- Dockrill, P. (2021). First In-Depth Study of “Misokinesia” Phenomenon Shows It May Affect 1 in 3 People. ScienceAlert. https://www.sciencealert.com/first-in-depth-study-of-misokinesia-phenomenon-shows-it may-affect-1-in-3-people
- Sumeet Jaswal, & Handy, T. (2021, September 7). If you’re annoyed by other people’s fidgeting or finger-tapping, you’re not alone: Misokinesia affects 1 in 3. The Conversation. https://theconversation.com/if-youre-annoyed-by-other-peoples-fidgeting-or-finger-tappin g-youre-not-alone-misokinesia-affects-1-in-3-166950
- Misophonia episode: https://www.curiositydaily.com/why-megalodon-was-so-huge-misophonia-in-the-brain-trivia/
Here’s Why Fear Of Blood Makes You Faint When Other Phobias Make Your Heart Race by Ashley Hamer
- Blood, sweat and fears - A common phobia’s odd pathophysiology - 2013 SPRING - Stanford Medicine Magazine - Stanford University School of Medicine. (2013). Stanford.edu. http://sm.stanford.edu/archive/stanmed/2013spring/article6.html
- Wani, A. L., Ara, A., & Bhat, S. A. (2014). Blood Injury and Injection Phobia: The Neglected One. Behavioural Neurology, 2014, 1–7. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/471340
- Öst, L.-G., Fellenius, J., & Sterner, U. (1991). Applied tension, exposure in vivo, and tension-only in the treatment of blood phobia. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 29(6), 561–574. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-7967(91)90006-o
Got a Ghost Problem? It Might Just Be Infrasound by Reuben Westmaas originally aired October 26, 2018 https://omny.fm/shows/curiosity-daily/the-science-of-hauntings-sleep-deprivation-effects
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.