Curiosity Daily Podcast: Cyanide Seeds, Workout When?, Covid But Ghosts
Today, you’ll learn about whether the cyanide in apple seeds could do you any real harm, how working out in the morning and at night are both beneficial but in different ways, and how researchers have found evidence that patients with long Covid may often have fragments of the virus lingering in their gut.
Episode show notes:
Snow White wasn’t far off with the poisonous apple.
- “Can Apple Seeds Cause Cyanide Poisoning? A Toxicologist Digs Into The Details” by Elana Spivack
- “Here’s How Many Apple Cores It Would Take to Poison You” by Jennifer Chaussee
What time should I work out?
“Is It Better to Exercise in the Morning or Evening?" by Gretchen Reynolds
“This is the Best Time of Day to Work Out, According to Science" by Jamie Ducharme
An even scarier kind of ghost?
- “Coronavirus ‘ghosts’ found lingering in the gut” by Heidi Ledford
- “‘Ghosts’ In The Gut May Be Behind Long COVID” by Dr. Katie Spalding
- “How the coronavirus infects cells — and why Delta is so dangerous” by Megan Scudellari
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.