Episode Show Notes:
Magic mushrooms evolved to scramble insect brains by Cameron Duke
- Hallucinogenic mushrooms drug profile. (2020). Europa.eu. https://www.emcdda.europa.eu/publications/drug-profiles/hallucinogenic-mushrooms_en
- Lee, N., & Benji Jones. (2021, April 27). How psychoactive psilocybin in magic mushrooms changes your brain. Business Insider; Business Insider. https://www.businessinsider.com/magic-mushrooms-psilocybin-psychoactive-drug-brain-denver-legal-2019-5
- Reynolds, H. T., Vijayakumar, V., Gluck-Thaler, E., Korotkin, H. B., Matheny, P. B., & Slot, J. C. (2018). Horizontal gene cluster transfer increased hallucinogenic mushroom diversity. Evolution Letters, 2(2), 88–101. https://doi.org/10.1002/evl3.42
The classic experiment testing children's theory of mind is flawed by Grant Currin
- Children do not understand concept of others having false beliefs until age 6 or 7. (2021, September 28). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/929684
- Fabricius, W. V., Gonzales, C. R., Pesch, A., Weimer, A. A., Pugliese, J., Carroll, K., Bolnick, R. R., Kupfer, A. S., Eisenberg, N., & Spinrad, T. L. (2021). Perceptual Access Reasoning (PAR) in Developing a Representational Theory of Mind. Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development, 86(3), 7–154. https://doi.org/10.1111/mono.12432
- Cassella, C. (2021). We Might Be Wrong About How Children Understand The Minds of Others at a Young Age. ScienceAlert. https://www.sciencealert.com/new-evidence-suggests-children-may-not-have-theory-of-mind-until-age-6-or-7
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.