Episode Show Notes:
mRNA vaccines are older than you think by Grant Currin
- Dolgin, E. (2021). The tangled history of mRNA vaccines. Nature, 597(7876), 318–324. https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-021-02483-w
- Lewis, T. (2021, September 15). An mRNA Pioneer Discusses How Her Work Led to the COVID Vaccines. Scientific American. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/an-mrna-pioneer-discusses-how-her-work-led-to-the-COVID-vaccines/
- Harvard University. (2021). How mRNA vaccines work [YouTube Video]. In YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbaCxIJ_VP4
Why do so many animals have white bellies? Here are the theories by Cameron Duke
- Exhibit Galleries Blog. (2016). Neaq.org. http://galleries.neaq.org/2014/09/countershading-camouflage.html
- Harris, J., & Olivier Penacchio. (2015, October 7). Sunscreen or camouflage? Why so many animals have dark backs and pale bellies. The Conversation. https://theconversation.com/sunscreen-or-camouflage-why-so-many-animals-have-dark-backs-and-pale-bellies-48603
- Penacchio, O., Cuthill, I. C., Lovell, P. G., Ruxton, G. D., & Harris, J. M. (2015). Orientation to the sun by animals and its interaction with crypsis. Functional Ecology, 29(9), 1165–1177. https://doi.org/10.1111/1365-2435.12481
- Penacchio, O., Lovell, P. G., Cuthill, I. C., Ruxton, G. D., & Harris, J. M. (2015). Three-Dimensional Camouflage: Exploiting Photons to Conceal Form. The American Naturalist, 186(4), 553–563. https://doi.org/10.1086/682570
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.