Episode Show Notes:
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
- You're Almost Completely Made Up of Empty Space — https://curiosity.im/2Gq85KQ
- Here's How You Can Watch the Lyrid Meteor Shower in 2019 — https://curiosity.im/2GcOP3e
Additional resources discussed:
- Why is a day divided into 24 hours? (Intermediate) | Astronomy Department at Cornell University — http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/physics/161-our-solar-system/the-earth/day-night-cycle/761-why-is-a-day-divided-into-24-hours-intermediate
- Why are there 24 hours in a day? | ABC Science — http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2011/11/15/3364432.htm
- Using Particle Physics for Measurement Shows Just How Far Measurement Has Come | Curiosity.com — https://curiosity.im/2GpdZfj
If you love our show and you're interested in hearing full-length interviews, then please consider supporting us on Patreon. You'll get exclusive episodes and access to our archives as soon as you become a Patron! https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.