Curiosity Daily Podcast: Forcing Functions and “Super Thinking,” Rosalind Franklin’s Story, and Dogs Smelling Fear
Learn about the truth behind Rosalind Franklin’s contributions to science; a mental model called “forcing functions” you can use to be more thoughtful and produce better results; and, whether dogs can smell fear.
Episode Show Notes:
Please support today’s sponsor, Skura! Visit https://skurastyle.com to get sponges delivered right to your door, and enter promo code CURIOSITY to get your first month FREE!
Additional resources from Gabriel Weinberg and Lauren McCann:
- Pick up “Super Thinking: The Big Book of Mental Models” on Amazon — https://amazon.com
- Gabriel Weinberg official website — https://ye.gg/
- About DuckDuckGo — https://duckduckgo.com/about
- Follow Gabriel Weinberg @yegg on Twitter — https://twitter.com/yegg
- Follow Lauren McCann @LilBunnyFuted on Twitter — https://twitter.com/LilBunnyFuted
Want to support our show? Register for the 2019 Podcast Awards and nominate Curiosity Daily to win for People’s Choice, Education, and Science & Medicine. After you register, simply select Curiosity Daily from the drop-down menus (voting in other categories optional): https://curiosity.im/podcast-awards-2019
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.