Curiosity Daily Podcast: Forcing Functions and “Super Thinking,” Rosalind Franklin’s Story, and Dogs Smelling Fear
Learn about the truth behind Rosalind Franklin’s contributions to science; a mental model called “forcing functions” you can use to be more thoughtful and produce better results; and, whether dogs can smell fear.
Episode Show Notes:
Please support today’s sponsor, Skura! Visit https://skurastyle.com to get sponges delivered right to your door, and enter promo code CURIOSITY to get your first month FREE!
In this podcast, Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer discuss the following stories from Curiosity.com to help you get smarter and learn something new in just a few minutes:
- Rosalind Franklin Is Known for DNA, But She Did a Lot More Than That — https://curiosity.im/30ru3nK
- Can Dogs Smell Fear? — https://curiosity.im/2xzeNZK
Additional resources from Gabriel Weinberg and Lauren McCann:
- Pick up “Super Thinking: The Big Book of Mental Models” on Amazon — https://amazon.com
- Gabriel Weinberg official website — https://ye.gg/
- About DuckDuckGo — https://duckduckgo.com/about
- Follow Gabriel Weinberg @yegg on Twitter — https://twitter.com/yegg
- Follow Lauren McCann @LilBunnyFuted on Twitter — https://twitter.com/LilBunnyFuted
Want to support our show? Register for the 2019 Podcast Awards and nominate Curiosity Daily to win for People’s Choice, Education, and Science & Medicine. After you register, simply select Curiosity Daily from the drop-down menus (voting in other categories optional): https://curiosity.im/podcast-awards-2019
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app. And Amazon smart speaker users: you can listen to our podcast as part of your Amazon Alexa Flash Briefing — just click “enable” here: https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.