Curiosity Daily: Asteroid-eating Fungi, Psychedelic…Maybe, Printing Organs
Today, you’ll learn about mushrooms that can eat asteroids to make space soil, how our thoughts affect us as we microdose psychedelics, and efforts to 3D print organs like kidneys and lungs!
- Fungi Could Make Soil From Asteroids and Homes on Mars by Madeleine Gregory
- Making Soil for Space Habitats by Seeding Asteroids with Fungi by Jane Shevtsov
- Could Future Homes on the Moon and Mars Be Made of Fungi? by Frank Tavares
- Future Space Travel Might Require Mushrooms by Nick Hilden
Far out thoughts.
- Citizen Scientists Show Placebo Effect May Explain Benefits of Microdosing by Ryan O’hare
- Self-Blinding Citizen Science to Explore Psychedelic Microdosing by Balázs Szigeti, et al.
- What to Know About Microdosing LSD by Medical News Today
- Psychedelic Microdosing Benefits and Challenges: An Empirical Codebook by Thomas Anderson, et al.
A different kind of printer.
- “When we'll be able to 3D-print organs and who will be able to afford them” by Kristen Rogers
- “Advanced Polymers for Three-Dimensional (3D) Organ Bioprinting” by Xiaohong Wang.
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to get smarter with Calli and Nate — for free! Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.