Episode Show Notes:
You can vote for Curiosity Daily in the 2021 People's Choice Podcast Awards! Register at https://podcastawards.com, select Curiosity Daily in the categories of Education and Science & Medicine, and then click/tap "save nominations" at the bottom of the page. Voting in other categories is optional. Your vote is greatly appreciated!
Monkeys change their "accent" to get along with other species by Steffie Drucker
- Primates change their “accent” to avoid conflict. (2021). EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-05/aru-pct052521.php
- Grover, N. (2021, May 27). Monkeys adopt “accent” of other species when in shared territory – study. The Guardian; The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/may/27/monkeys-adopt-accent-of-other-species-when-in-shared-territory-study
- Sobroza, T. V., Gordo, M., Pequeno, P. A. C. L., Dunn, J. C., Spironello, W. R., Rabelo, R. M., & Barnett, A. P. A. (2021). Convergent character displacement in sympatric tamarin calls (Saguinus spp.). Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, 75(5). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00265-021-03028-x
Additional resources from Caleb Scharf:
- Pick up "The Ascent of Information: Books, Bits, Genes, Machines, and Life's Unending Algorithm" on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Ascent-Information-Machines-Unending-Algorithm/dp/0593087240
- Website: http://www.calebscharf.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/caleb_scharf
Follow Curiosity Daily on your favorite podcast app to learn something new every day with Cody Gough and Ashley Hamer. Still curious? Get exclusive science shows, nature documentaries, and more real-life entertainment on discovery+! Go to https://discoveryplus.com/curiosity to start your 7-day free trial. discovery+ is currently only available for US subscribers.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.