The Li’l Redd Wrecker and More Remarkable Vehicles
Beau Boeckmann and the Galpin Auto Sports team brought the Li’l Redd Wrecker back to its original glory on CAR KINGS. Check out the story behind this superbly unique vehicle and others from your favorite Motor Monday shows.
If you’re unfamiliar with the story behind this superbly unique vehicle, it’s because the truck never made its television debut on the 70’s hit show Sanford and Son. This hand-built metal body features a tilt styled front cab and the midship engine is powered by a chrome plated supercharged 392 Chrysler motor.
Here are some of the car's many unique features:
- Center Steering with right hand power braking
- Left hand hydraulic gas pedal
- Tinted sky top window
- Chrome plated rear winch for the tow body powered by an electric push button
- Oval tunneled grille shell housing quad rectangular English headlights and chrome mesh inserts
- Dual MOON gas tanks installed on each side of the body panels
The Li’l Redd Wrecker is truly a unique vehicle that deserved its time to shine. But it got us thinking about other cool vehicles featured on Discovery’s Motor Monday.
Most Remarkable Cars from Motor Monday 11 Photos
Motor Monday is home to some extraordinary and unique vehicles. Here’s a look at a few all-time favorites.